Teeth, Tooth, Chompers



Carrie and I made a deal today at lunch. I went and got us food at Taco Del Mar and she went to Dairy Queen and picked up Blizzards. (Pregnant Carrie is quite convincing.)

Later, as I was eating my chocolate-covered strawberry blizzard (best. blizzard. ever.) I heard a crunch. Having had extensive dental work in my life I immediately searched for signs of disaster. Pain? No. Tooth missing or cracked? No. Sifting through the chocolate I had been eating there was nothing. Hmm... "Well it must not have been part of the blizzard (which is a disturbing thought in it's own right)."

Yep. Definitely not part of the blizzard. The next bite lifted my 12 year old temporarily-permanent crown off of one of my molars. Of course I don't have a regular dentist so had to look online for an emergency dentist that could get me in that afternoon.

This is a double-edged sword for me. On the one hand, it's something that has needed to be done for a long time. That crown was never meant to be permanent and it was silver and although it was on a molar I could see it in certain pictures and was very annoying. On the other hand, it's $700 after insurance! Boo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff