I thought false advertising was illegal



"Look Jeff! Finger condoms!"

So tonight was the bi-annual company bowling event. Last time we held this, there were almost 40 people that ended up tryin to squeeze onto 5 lanes. This time around...there were 13. And 3 of them were kids!

I showed up early to do the whole paperwork/payment thing and noticed at the shoe rental counter there were these foil packages that said something about protecting your fingers from the bowling ball holes, in case you were worried about who used the ball last. The picture was not very helpful at removing my mind from the gutter (the gutter-get it???? bowling! gutter! hahaha!)and since they were only 3 for $1 I had to buy them.

Jeff showed up next and I had to tell him about my crazy find. I mean, really, who expects tiny finger condoms? And wouldn't they be hard to keep on your fingers as your hurl a 10+ lb ball down the lane? Jeff and I thought they were hilarious and he snapped a few pictures of the packages for the office bowling event folder.

And then we opened them.

Tiny finger condoms they were not.

They were, in fact, just antiseptic wipes.

I have to say, nothing is quite as disappointing as expecting little prophylactics for your digits and finding amonia-soaked wipes instead.

I want my dollar back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff