And I Feel Fine



I had the BEST time tonight at the Jamie Cullum concert, he is hands down one of my top 5 live performers. I would pay obscene amounts of money to go to his concerts, but luckily the tickets were a birthday present (yipee!). Really, I cannot say enough good things about him. He's lyrically a genius, he's got an amazing, distinct voice, plays multiple instruments, and has great interaction with his audience. Plus, you can't beat a man who can do a cover of Radiohead (High & Dry), Jimi Hendrix (The Wind Cries Mary) and Justin Timberlake (Cry Me a River), while still performing a full set of his own award winning music! And when I say award winning, I also mean Academy Award Nominated (Gran Torino).

I had to spend the entire show with Lady Parkinsons McFluffyhair sitting in front of me, bobbing and weaving, blocking my view from time to time. And of course she had no rhythm so it was like watching an entire concert with Michael J Fox sitting in front of you. That lady was cr-aaaaaaaaaazy. She was definately a bigger Jamie Cullum fan than me.

Krista's favorite part though was the constant strip tease he performed. First he lost the jacket. Then the tie. Then the outer shirt, leaving him in his undershirt, skinny black jeans and silver shoes. And man, were they silver!

On the way there we passed another concert venue where hundreds and hundreds of teenagers were lined up, dressed in oversized shirts and jeans with chains. Their hair was all dyed black and they had painted their faces with clown makeup. The van outside the theater said something along the lines of Kung Fu Panda/Vampire/Wolfman/Alf. Really, take your pick, it was obviously screamo and we all know that isn't real music (haha, look at that! I'm calling teenagers music "noise"! I really am old now!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff