Ode to Purex 3-in-1



This stuff is simply brillant.

A couple of months ago I needed detergent and saw Purex 3-in-1 on sale for $3.99. I had seen the commercials for it and had never really given it any thought as I was partial to my Gain Apple Mango Tango detergent and fabric softener. I was also a little skeptical as I am allergic to dryer sheets and thought it would cause me to sneeze like they do, but it was $3.99 so I figured I would give it a go.

I am so glad I did!

It's not like a Downy Ball is exactly time consuming or hard to work with, but it is so nice to just throw a sheet in with the load and not have to dig around to find anything when you transfer it to the dryer. Plus, you eliminate the whole mess of possibly spilling, and especially when you get to the end of liquid detergent or fabric softener and it comes out of some magical second hole and gets all over your hand. I just realized I sound like those morons in the Perfect Pasta commercials who can't even make spaghetti by talking about how hard it is to do something that is really not that difficult..oh well.

It is also nice because it hasn't caused any allergic reactions (sneezy, itchy eyes etc) that I get from dryer sheets. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that in terms of these vs. fabric softener, the laundry doesn't get as soft and fluffy, but it's by no means coarse.

I highly recommend them for anyone who hates to do laundry, it's amazing what one little sheet can do :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff