Mystery Tacky Crap



I arrived home this evening to a rather large box on my doorstep. I had to think about everything I had recently ordered, and decided it had all already arrived (except for our books-Carrie they should be here next week, I hope!!!)so wasn't sure what it could be. I saw that it was, in fact, addressed to me, and sent from Macys. Yep, definately didn't order anything from Macy online.

So I take it inside and open it up. There is no card or packing slip, only a gift receipt. I can see the fish salt and pepper shakers immeadiately and am confused, to say the least.

Then I open a smaller box and inside find the fish bowl wrapped in bubble wrap. Again, I am confused.

I pull out the box with what I originally thought was some sort of coffee pot and see that it is a tea warming system (whatever that exactly means). Hmm, well I'm much more likely to drink tea than coffee, however I don't usually drink any hot beverages so am a little more than confused now.

The final box was large and rectangular. Inside was a matching fish serving plate. Seriously, wtf?

I can't figure out who would send these items and have decided it must be some sort of a mistake. So I wrapped everything back up and placed it back in the box and set it in the living room while I await a call or letter from UPS or Macy telling me it was an error. It has to be an error right? Noone I know would send me tacky crap.

Later that night I was talking to my friend Bethany who asked me if I was going to put my tacky crap on display and use it. I said no, it was back in the box until I figured it out. She responded "but once you figure out you are the proud owner of tacky crap what are you going to do with it?" and I told her the truth "take it back to the store. The price tags are on them still, it's expensive tacky crap."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff