Tequilla!




Today was my birthday 2.0. I had invited some friends out to the Matador in Redmond for drinks and food and to celebrate me and my general awesomeness during this, my birthday week. To show them I really did care, and butter them up for better presents and free dinner/drinks I made a mix cd for everyone as a party favor of sorts. But first, I had to make it through the day.

I threw on my party cd and was ever so busy working when Shannon walked into Gloria's office for a meeting, leaving me to answer the phones. Now, I normally have a hard time answering the phones as I forget what time of day it is so am not sure if I should say "good morning" or "good afternoon" so there is generally a miniscule pause while I work it out. Today, however, I had a bit longer of a pause. In fact, it was long enough I completely forgot what I was doing and why I was holding this handset at my ear. I realized I needed to say something, but what? So I looked and listened for a cue and sure enough, there was a song leading the way to redemption. So I turned back to the phone and said....

"Tequilla!"

Um. Yeah. Thank goodness it was only an employee from another office because I could have died. He just laughed and was like "it really is Friday, isn't it?"

Continuing on with the theme, tonight's dinner and drinks extragavanza was at our local tequilla bar where we all did shots and had some sort of variety of tequilla girly drink (read: margarita and mojito). Heather brought up one of her super fancy cakes in the shape of a soccer field and had a gum paste Freddie Ljungberg which had fallen apart so wasn't on the cake. Not only was it the best cake I've ever had, including my two cake 8th birthday of Barbie (Mom) and Monster Truck (Dad) but it was so tasty! It was definately the hit of the night!

Blog P.S. Best line of the night: "Tequilla and cake go together like something and something else." (Me, after 3 shots and 0 food)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff