Look Ma! A Free Scarf!



So earlier today I exchanged belated Secret Santa presents with Carrie. I gave her an idea book that's the "ideal size" (haha) and she gave me a snuggie. I was certain that would make picture of the day as the snuggie is really one of the funniest aspects of our current culture, however, she was sadly out-gifted by my friend Bethany tonight over dinner.

Last month Victoria's Secret ran a sale, buy 3 sweaters for $30 and also get a free scarf. I personally didn't want to buy 3 sweaters and I don't usually buy clothing as gifts for people as it's too hard to size correctly so I made it my priority that day to find someone to buy sweaters and give me the free scarf. I even tried convincing the guys at work to buy sweaters for their wives, but sadly noone would take the bait and I remained scarf-less. (tear)

Well in my box of spice jars from Anthropologie (awesome present, however did she know?) was this weird red mess in a bag. I pulled it out and was like what is that? to which she replied, "Your free scarf from Victoria's Secret!"

She was nice enough to order a sweater (on a different day) and still had a code for a free scarf and knowing me, got it in my favorite color, red! So now she won't freeze in her sweater and I won't freeze in my scarf. Thank goodness I have a friend who actually cares about my thermal well being! (Okay, okay, I guess Carrie cares too as she got me a blanket (with sleeves!)and don't let her know but I put it on tonight just to see what the big deal was and ended up watching an entire episode of Dexter wrapped in it's camel-colored warmth.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff