Really, what is a bite on the bottocks among friends?

Saturday night and I'm home doing laundry and watching a bootlegged copy of Madagascar....how pathetic is this? But more importantly how did I end up here? Three words really...poor money management. I wonder how old I will have to be in order to get that whole check book balancing thing people talk about? Oh well, its not so bad, everyone who was going to go out to Todd's birthday party, Todd included, is in the same boat and hanging out at their respective homes. So I guess this works for me. We've rescheduled his party for next Friday which is payday so there will be much rejoicing with liquor and the like. Woo hoo!

Work this week was very exciting. We got a new binding machine on Monday. It's seriously the coolest thing ever! I had to go around and show everyone, noone outside of the admin group was very thrilled about it. They just don't get how awesome this thing really is. To go from 10 sheets at a time to a 1/4 inch of paper is the coolest thing and such a time saver. Good thing too as Scott decided to test my patience and sanity by watching me bind the annual Landfill reports and coming in when I was halfway done to tell me sheepishly he had been working on some data sheets that had to be inserted in one of the appendices. The baffling part of this? He WATCHED ME BIND!!!! Why didn't he stop me if he knew he was working on something to be inserted? Good question I thought...his answer? "I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention." Yeah. Exactly. I just couldn't stop laughing at him, finally realizing it was all a major scheme to get even for reorganizing the supply drawers last week. Oh that wiley Scott!

We also had a run-in with "crazy pizza lady" who was actually angry that after arriving late to a meeting wasn't provided with pizza (it had run out) as promised in the emailed invitation. The story just kept getting weirder and weirder as she grabbed a cup out of the trash can and filled it with water and walked to her car, then called a few minutes later for an email address. Noone actually got an email but there was a discussion with her to try and help her grasp reality and she called later and apologized to Linda and Justina for freaking out like the crazy pizza lady she is.

Wednesday was trivia night at my most favoritest Irish pub. Our team was a bit weak as Autumn didn't have any money and everyone else was either working, out of town or at school...it ended up that the kick ass team "Crazy Pizza Lady" consisted of 2 1/2 people and came in 2nd to last again. Next week should be much better as Todd, Autumn, Jeff & Ashleigh should be able to make it. Let's hope we can make a giant leap in the direction of "right". Hopefully someday we can actually win...it will only cost us $1000 in entry fees to win back $100 but oh on that day victory will taste just oh so sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff