Where's my Oscar?

While wandering around iTunes the other day I ended up in the celebrity playlists section, a personal favorite of mine, mainly because it gives you the opportunity to listen to some new bands while also getting a refesher of some classics that may not necessarily have made it onto your iPod. So I realized that a lot of celebrities have very bad taste in music. It isn't fair that they get to share their craptastic taste with the world so I decided to write my own playlist. Less craptastic than some, but I'm sure to some people it would be more craptastic. So here it is *I shot for 25 but missed and am not apologizing*

1. Boom Boom Ba- Metisse (this song is so brilliant, I get it stuck in my head all the freakin time)
2. The Rice- David Gray (its great advice, just let the rice burn...)
3. Brighter Than Sunshine-Aqualung (I couldn't get this song out of my head after watching A lot like Love, the best thing about that movie)
4. We Used to Vacation- Cold War Kids (the lyrics are so vivid, great story)
5. Back in Black-AC/DC (Every list should includesome AC/DC)
6. If I Had a Million Dollars-The Barenaked Ladies (Awesome sing along song)
7. Piano Man-Billy Joel (Best Lounge Bar Song EVER)
8. Friends in Low Places-Garth Brooks (and now we have the best Honkey Tonk Bar Song EVER)
9. Island in the Sun-Weezer (I have remained a loyal Weezer fan even after they sold out and this song is one of the best they have)
10. Train in Vain-The Clash (the Clash are just iconic. You can tell who has good taste in music but the amount of Clash they own)
11. Rich Girl-Hall & Oats (any song that has the line "its a bitch girl" is an instant classic)
12. Zebra-John Butler Trio (this song is just so much fun)
13. Flourescent Adolescent-Arctic Monkeys (another song where the lyrics just take over)
14. I'm Alright- Phil Vasser (Great for lifting the spirits after a bad day)
15. Dont Make Me a Target-Spoon (One of my first memories of Linda is her talking obsessively about Spoon and eventually making me listen to them. Thanks!)
16. Wine, Women and Song-Harvey Danger (I love a local band)
17. Life is Wonderful (live from Amsterdam)-Jason Mraz (I have been hooked on this song from the first listen)
18. Peaches-Presidents of the United States of America (name one person my age that doesnt' turn it up and sing along when this comes on the radio)
19. July July!-The Decemberists (Another great local band, so inivative with their lyrics and storytelling)
20. Breakdown-Tom Petty (It's alright if you love me, it's alright if you don't)
21. Twentysomething-Jamie Cullum (so true. so very true)
22. Since You've Been Gone-Powderfinger (I always wondered why all the ozzies were obsesed with Powderfinger. And then I listened to them. It all made sense)
23. Oxford Comma- Vampire Weekend (It a great song. Plus my job involves Oxford Commas so it makes it funny as well)
24. I Want a New Drug- Huey Lewis and the News (HLN stalks me. I put them in here to try and stop it)
25. Vince the Lovable Stoner-The Fratellis (Uh, huh)
26. In the Summertime- Mungo Jerry (really who doesn't love a band called Mungo Jerry. Quintessential summer song)
27. Shut up and Let Me Go-The Ting Tings (one of my favorite new songs this summer)
28. Diner Song-State Radio (I will put this song on repeat and sing along with it all the way home some days)

So there is my list. Now I tag Krista to make her list and all my loser non-blogger friends to make theirs too. It is actually kind of fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for giving me an assignment! :) This is not going to be easy but I will give it some thought. (and it can become my break from studying as I am getting myself geared up for real!)
Anonymous said…
check my list out, yo: http://notarealdr.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-top-25.html

Popular posts from this blog

Pass the Metamuscil

Scrabble, Google and Aussies

Scary Stuff